The Mississippi Health Information Management Association is Mississippi’s community of health information management professionals, promoting quality, access, and security of health information in all health care settings for the benefit of the members, health care consumers and providers.
Services for MSHIMA Members:
- Representation at the national level through delegates to AHIMA
- Continuing Education Programs throughout the state
- Annual MSHIMA Meeting
- Provide liaison with health-related organizations, government agencies and other health care disciplines
- Publish and update MSHIMA’s Legal Manual
- Coding Roundtables
To support Health Information Management professionals in the state of Mississippi by providing opportunities for professional development, advocacy training, leadership growth, communication of ideas and promotion of health information best practices.
The Mississippi Health Information Management Association will be the recognized leader in matters related to Health Information Management for the state of Mississippi.
- Our Profession as evidenced by association support of AHIMA initiatives and promotion of health information technologies.
- Our Members as evidenced by consistent investment in educational programs that are reasonable in cost and regional in location.
- Our Fiscal Responsibilities as evidenced by regular budgetary reviews and reports to the membership.
- Our Customers as evidenced by strong advocacy of patient privacy rights and confidentiality of health information.
- Our Future as evidenced by strategic planning that provides direction and momentum for organizational endeavors.
- Our Growth as evidenced by support of HIM education programs and participation in HIM awareness campaigns within each region.