nThrive is the leader in providing end-to-end revenue cycle services, technology and education solutions. Previously known as MedAssets, Precyse, Equation and Adreima, each formerly a leader in its own right, we’ve combined our talents and capabilities into a single enterprise. At nThrive, we are people who are passionate about empowering health care for every one in every community. We work together to transform financial and operational performance, enabling health care organizations to thrive. nThrive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This individual is responsible for completing quality assurance audits on current colleagues, new hires and new clients. This individual will also coordinate all quality assurance activities in the department including but not limited to: reporting of QA results, responding to client QA needs and providing training to all coding colleagues.
- Responsible for creating and conducting QA audits and results on all new hires, new clients, as well as audits of tenured colleagues on new accounts
- Complete all scheduled QA for clients per a predetermined schedule
- Communicate quality issues to Remote Manager and Remote colleagues
- Maintain reports and accuracy rates for colleagues/clients
- Respond to client QA needs and requests
- Demonstrated ability to deliver audit results to colleague and client when required
- Provide remote colleague educational sessions on issues identified during the audit process
- Assist in providing educational requirements for remedial training as needed
- Support nThrive’s Compliance Program by demonstrating adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by in-service attendance and daily practice; notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident; demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
- Commitment to maintaining up-to-date knowledge of current and changing regulatory requirements related to coding and compliance
- Attend educational conference calls
- Provide coding support as needed
- Perform other duties as needed in the remote coding area
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- RHIT or RHIA and/or CCS, CCS-P required
- 3+ years of experience in inpatient and outpatient coding and auditing required
- Demonstrated experience in coding quality assurance audit functions within the Inpatient and Outpatient skill sets
- Demonstrated customer service focus consistent with professionalism, flexibility, dependability, commitment to excellence and commitment to the profession
- Proficient computer knowledge including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Must possess and display excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills with all levels of internal and external customers
- Preferred skill sets: IP, Evaluation & Management, IVR, MS-DRG, OP/ASU, procedures, APC, physician office billing, prospective payment methodologies and charge description master review
Compensation is negotiable based on experience.
nThrive offers a full cafeteria of benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, among other benefits.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply Online: http://nthrive.com/careers