Denials: Are They Worth the Effort?
March 28, 2018
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM CT
CEUs: 5.0 – Clinical Data Management
8:30 a.m. – Check-in
9:00 a.m. – Morning Session, Part 1
1. DRG denial tactics by payers
2. Appeal rational
10:00 a.m. – Break
10:15 a.m. – Morning Session, Part 2
Dr. Jessica Sime, Faircode
1. Defend Your Care: Acute Respiratory Failure and Encephalopathy
2. Defend Your Care: Sepsis and Acute Kidney Injury
12:15 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. – Afternoon Session
Mathew McHan & Lori Mills
1. ER level reductions
2. Blue Cross imaging medical necessity denials
3. Blue Cross ‘lowest cost setting’ policy
4. ER ‘non-emergent’ denials
3:00 p.m. – Adjourn
Mississippi Hospital Association
116 Woodgreen Drive
Madison, MS 39110
Anyone who pays registration fees and cannot attend the event may send a substitute. Cancellations prior to the close of online registration will be refunded the registration fee minus a $25 processing fee. If you do not cancel your registration, then you will be billed the registration fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations after the close of online registration.
Click here if you need to cancel your registration or provide a substitute.
Online registration has closed. Onsite registration will be available.