Each year, the Mississippi Health Information Management Association (MSHIMA) bestows distinguished members with awards based on their professional accomplishments. In addition, the association provides scholarships to deserving HIM students based on their academic performance and recommendations from faculty members.
Please see the announcements below regarding the open nomination for awards and scholarships.
MSHIMA bestows the following awards annually during the Annual Convention. The Nominating Committee is seeking nominations for the following awards:
- Distinguished Member Award
- Champion Award
- e-HIM® Award
- Education Award
- Legacy Award
- Mentor Award
- Research Award
- Rising Star Award
Descriptions of the awards are located here.
If you know a member who is worthy of one of these awards, please nominate them using the MSHIMA Awards Nomination Form.
The deadline to nominate for MSHIMA Awards is Friday, May 5, 2023.
To apply for a MSHIMA scholarship, students should submit:
- a typed essay that includes: why they chose a career in HIM and why they should be considered for the scholarship
- proof of AHIMA student membership with MS being listed as the state of residence
- letter of reference from program director or instructor that includes the student’s achievements, student’s GPA (which must be a minimum of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale) and verification that the student plans to maintain enrollment in HIT/HIM-related courses during the next academic year, and
- resume to include education, work/volunteer experience, honors/awards, and organizational memberships.
Include all required documentation in the scholarship application. The MSHIMA Nominating Committee will choose 3 recipients from the submissions, and their names will be announced each year at the MSHIMA Annual Meeting.
The deadline to apply for MSHIMA Scholarships is Friday, May 5, 2023.