The Mississippi Health Information Management Association (MSHIMA) enjoys the opportunity award deserving members and future members with awards and scholarships to reward your hard work and dedication to the profession. Please see below for more information about both opportunities.
The MSHIMA Nominating Committee would like for you to suggest fellow members and/or yourself as possible candidates for 2019 MSHIMA awards.
The following MSHIMA awards are available:
- Distinguished Member Award
- Champion Award
- e-HIM® Award
- Education Award
- Legacy Award
- Mentor Award
- Research Award
- Rising Star Award
The deadline to submit nominations for MSHIMA awards is May 10, 2019. Submit a nomination by clicking here.
MSHIMA awards scholarships each year to deserving students who have achieved success in the classroom and who have a heart for HIM. To apply for a MSHIMA scholarship, a student should submit:
- A typed essay that includes: why he/she chose a career in HIM and why he/she should be considered for the scholarship
- Proof of AHIMA student membership with MS being listed as state of residence
- Letter of reference from program director or instructor that includes the student’s achievements, student’s GPA (which must be a minimum of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale) and verification that the student plans to maintain enrollment in HIT/HIM related courses during the next academic year , and
- Resume to include education, work/volunteer experience, honors/awards, and organizational memberships.
All required documentation is due via email to the Chair of the Nominating Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org). The MSHIMA Nominating Committee will choose 3 recipients from the submissions, and their names will be announced at the MSHIMA Annual Meeting. Deadline to submit scholarship materials is May 10, 2019.