North Mississippi State Hospital
North Mississippi State Hospital is recruiting for a MH-Program Administrator I for the Admissions/Census Management Department.
The incumbent will serve as the Director of Admissions/Census Management and will report directly to North Mississippi State Hospital Director, Dr. Paul Callens.
- Conducts activities related to screening and admission of patients to NMSH ensuring compliance with the laws of the State of Mississippi, regulations of the Department of Mental Health and NMSH policies and procedures
- Interviews patients and/or patient representatives to obtain records from previous admissions
- Verifies commitment papers ensuring papers meet all requirement of the Mississippi code
- Provides interpretation and/or instructions concerning legal hospital policies Advises patient and/or patient representative of hospital polices regarding admission, patient treatment plan, rights and social privileges
- Incorporates applicable legal, ethical, licensing, accrediting, certifying and NMSH requirements into policies and procedures for the control, use and retrieval of patient information
- Has key role in converting to Electronic Health Records
- Oversees and supervises two medical records clerks
- Has key role in Performance Improvement activities assuring continued Joint Commission accreditation
Incumbent must be certified with AHIMA as an RHIT or RHIA with required educational qualifications.
- A Master’s Degree AND five (5) years of special experience in work closely related to the described duties, of which two (2) years must have been in a supervisory capacity OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree AND six (6) years of special experience in work closely related to the described duties, of which two (2) years must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Eligible employees have the opportunity to participate in the state’s health and prescription insurance program. Employees may select either single or family coverage with affordable co-payments. More detail can be found at Know Your Benefits.
Employees are eligible for a wellness and health promotion program. This plan provides annual benefits for certain services with first-dollar coverage with no deductible.
All eligible employees receive an actual term life insurance policy upon employment. The policy coverage is two times the employee’s annual salary to a maximum of $100,000. More detail can be found at Life Insurance Choices.
We offer discounted policies for dental and vision. Supplemental policies offered through Colonial Life include Disability, Cancer, Accident, Hospital Supplement, Critical Care, Term Life, Universal Life, Long Term Care Rider, and Whole Life.
Flexible Spending Accounts:
We provide the opportunity for employees to participate in pre-tax spending account. This account allows employees to withhold childcare expenses and unreimbursed medical expenses prior to application of state and federal taxes.
Paid Personal Leave and Sick Leave:
Full-time employees receive paid time off for personal needs and for sick leave. Leave begins accruing after one month of employment and may be used as it is accrued. Employees earn approximately 18 days of personal leave annually and 12 days of sick leave annually.
In accordance with federal law, all employees serving in the armed forces or the military reserves are entitled to 15 days per year for military training.
Employees receive up to 10 paid holidays to enjoy many of our nation’s celebrations with family and friends.
The State of Mississippi provides all its employees a Defined Benefit/Defined Contribution Retirement Program. Employees become vested in the State’s retirement system after 8 years of employment. Both you and your employing agency contribute toward your retirement. More detailed information regarding the State’s retirement program can be found on website.
State agencies offer several opportunities for their employees to participate in a deferred compensation voluntary retirement savings plan. More information can be found at Deferred Compensation.
State Credit Union
All state employees are eligible to participate in the Mississippi Public Employees’ Credit Union. This organization offers state employees special savings and borrowing plans. For more information about this program, call 601.948.8191.
Career Development and Training
The Mississippi State Personnel Board offers several management and administrative certification programs, as well as professional development courses to enhance employee value to the agency. Individual agencies also offer technical training and allow membership in professional organizations to employees in their specific fields of employment.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please submit resume to:
Kathy Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 662-690-5744.