Southwest Mississippi Regional Medical Center
Looking for a seasoned inpatient coder looking to pick up some extra hours in the evenings and possibly weekends.
Competency: Possess Job Knowledge/Skill related to Coding Behaviors:
- Selects appropriate assignments for coding/abstracting from MPF work queue.
- Uses the 3M encoder, ICD-10-CM coding systems to accurately code diagnosis, DRGs and procedures for all inpatient encounters.
- Queries physicians and/or ancillary departments when additional information is needed to accurately code the record.
- Assigns correct discharge dispositions
- Assigns correct present on admission conditions
- Identifies and reports hospital acquired conditions to internal infection control staff
- Strives to decrease pending accounts on all patient types.
- Selection/sequencing of principal and secondary diagnosis in done correctly.
- Writes completed record to appropriate queue or reassigns to other group work queues if required.
- Meets AHIMA standard productivity requirements at 90% monthly.
- Acts as a resource to other outpatient coding staff.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information, employee information, and other confidential information covered by regulations or professional ethics.
- Maintains constructive relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Inpatient Experience Required
- Coding Credential Required
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please send resume to email@example.com
Apply Online: http://www.smrmc.com