University of Mississippi Medical Center
Directs and monitors the institutional healthcare compliance program, with specific emphasis on healthcare compliance of the university health system.
- Provides day-to-day management of assigned staff and provides direction to staff regarding audits, healthcare rules, laws and regulations .
- Coordinates and facilitates committee meetings, to include those compliance subcommittees that oversee compliance of the university health system.
- Stays abreast of federal and state rules, laws, regulations, policies/procedures, etc. that are applicable to healthcare, third-party billing policies/procedures to include specifically federal payers, and coding updates.
- Develops, implements, and maintains system-wide programs, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state rules, laws, regulations, policies/procedures, etc. that are applicable to healthcare.
- Develops/implements/presents training, as needed, to ensure institutional healthcare compliance. This will include both group and individual training, as necessary.
- Investigates/reviews allegations of alleged compliance plan violations, as needed or directed.
Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or related field plus five years’ related compliance experience in a healthcare setting to include two years of supervisory experience.
Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC)
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
Advanced knowledge of medical billing, to include billing policies and procedures for federal payers; advanced knowledge of medical coding and coding guidelines, for both professional billing and facility/institutional billing; knowledge of federal and state rules, laws, regulations, policies/procedures, etc. that are applicable to healthcare; knowledge of accounting/business principles; verbal and written communication skills; possess the ability to speak in public settings/forums; analytical/critical thinking skills; ability to work independently and in a group setting; have knowledge about and be skilled in utilizing basic business software applications.