University of Mississippi Medical Center
Performs internal audits related to hospital billing/coding/documentation to ensure regulatory compliance with all applicable regulations and requirements.
Remote work possible.
- Performs audits related to hospital/facility regulations and requirements reports results to appropriate personnel.
- Participates in the development of educational and training programs that focus on elements of the compliance program; explains compliance program guidelines, policies.
- Analyzes operating procedures, identifies potential violations, and provides technical assistance/recommendations to management.
- Collaborates with managers to identify aberrant trends in the coding, billing, and documentation compliance areas.
- Confers with external auditors to ensure compliance of an assigned area.
Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, health information management, business administration, health or social sciences, or related field plus three (3) years of ICD-9/ICD-10 coding, CPT coding, and/or billing experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
Prefer certification from American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Apply Online: https://ummc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UMCCareers/details/Compliance-Analyst-II—Office-of-Integrity—Compliance_R00028337-1?q=compliance%20analyst