Conway Medical Center
Conway Medical Center is a 210-bed acute care community hospital system located in the beautiful coastal Myrtle Beach, South Carolina region where we enjoy the sand and the sun all year. The quality of living for every stage of life is uncomplicated and welcoming from the beach to the farm. CMC welcomes staff from all over the world; some grew up vacationing in the Myrtle Beach area and others are first-time residents discovering the low country style of living. And to ensure you have the opportunity for work/life balance, we institute innovative staff scheduling to maximize work/life balance. CMC offers very competitive wages with experience credit and a comprehensive employee benefit plan.
Each employee who participates in the coding, billing or claims submission process, from the initial receipt of a physician order to the receipt of payment for services, shall accurately and honestly perform his/her functions to ensure that accurate claims are submitted, and the organization retains only those funds to which it is legally entitled.
The Coding Supervisor (CS) will assist the Director and Assistant Director with projects related to ongoing coding and billing compliance. The CS will review unbilled accounts, perform coding and billing compliance audits, and assist in the development of performance improvement initiatives related to coding and billing compliance. The CS will serve as a backup coding specialist using ICD and CPT and specialized medical classification software to assign procedure and diagnosis codes. The CS will also review accounts to ensure that assigned codes meet required legal and insurance rules and that required signatures and authorizations are in place prior to submission. The CS is an experienced and well-educated coder that will work towards serving as a department training preceptor and “go-to” individual when others need assistance.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience using current ICD-CM and CPT in a hospital setting required.
- Previous leadership experience in coding preferred.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with nursing colleagues, physicians, and department heads.
- Exemplary core customer service skills strongly required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Strong PC skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Stress levels are high due to multiple demands frequently occurring simultaneously.
- Physical surroundings generally pleasant and comfortable.
- Generally contained office-type environment.
- Most work performed while sitting, however, a moderate amount of walking and moving around within a confined area occurs.
Light-Medium – While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stand, sit, and walk; frequently to use hands, fingers; and frequently to talk or hear. The employee must exert 15 to 20 pounds of force occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or 5 to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 5 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to hear to process instructions and safety code and alarms required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and will be assessed by post offer Employee Health fit-for-duty review.
- Qualified as a Lead Coding Specialist in one of three ways required:
- Associates degree as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or;
- Bachelor’s degree as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or;
- Certified Coding Specialist by an accredited certifying agency.
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/cmcsc#/job/5141