Marshall Medical Centers
We serve the residents of Marshall County and the surrounding areas (population about 125,000). With two hospitals, nine outpatient locations, and a highly trained team of physicians practicing 25 specialties, Marshall Medical is a confident, convenient choice for local healthcare. Residents can remain close to home and receive excellent care- often provided by those who are neighbors and friends.
Named by the Joint Commission as a “Top Quality Performer” among America’s hospitals, our patients can be assured they are being treated in an environment where a premium is placed on quality and best practices. Marshall Medical- many reasons, one choice.
The Coding Manager supervises and coordinates the Coding area of the Health Information Management Department, performs coding, quality reviews, and acts as the liaison to medical staff members and ancillary department personnel regarding coding documentation and assignment.
- Coordinates and manages the overall work flow of the coding area; prioritizing and disseminating work to employees and assigning projects as required.
- Conducts and coordinates coding quality studies either performed in-house or by contract service..
- Assists medical staff, ancillary departments, and other direct patient care providers on documentation, coding and DRG/APC assignments through education, communication and review of coding standards, chart documentation and organizational guidelines.
- Works with physician advisor on the record review process for physician queries with maintenance of appropriate documentation. Provides follow-up and education to inpatient coders/CDI personnel regarding findings from these reviews.
- Ensures and initiates human resource management in a timely and effective manner including hiring, firing, counsel, performance evaluation, training and scheduling. Monitors payroll functions for accuracy and adherence to system guidelines.
- Develops, implements, and maintains coding policies and procedures, job descriptions and performance standards.
- Reviews and verifies Unbilled Report on a regular basis.
- Reviews and corrects any information for reporting and billing purposes.
- Establishes and informs each employee of their productivity and quality.
- Identifies, evaluates and assigns diagnostic and procedural codes for appropriate DRG/APC assignment based on record documentation with a minimum departmental accuracy level and within the established time parameters utilizing established coding classification methodologies.
- With a minimum departmental accuracy level, abstracts clinical administrative and financial information into the hospital’s database. Verify accuracy of existing information, making the appropriate corrections.
- Courteously answers the telephone and directs calls appropriately.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of information.
- Provides explanations/information about hospital and care/service provided within scope of particular area.
- Conducts all work activities with respect of others including the maintenance of a pleasant, quiet environment and exemplifying the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Trains new coding staff members.
- Attends and participates in office and administrative meetings as required.
- Fosters mature professional relationships with fellow employees in a courteous, friendly manner.
- Participates as team member by willingness to perform additional assignments not directly related to daily assignments when work load requires or requested by Director.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingly offers input into managerial and process change discussion.
Associate’s Degree in Health Information Management with a minimum of CCS credentials.
Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) with a minimum of 3 years recent experience in acute care coding with emphasis on Medicare patients and minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
Apply Online: https://www.mmcenters.com/careers