The University of Mississippi Medical Center
The University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) in Jackson, Mississippi is seeking candidates for a Privacy Compliance Analyst to support its missions of academics, healthcare, and research. Please see below for the position description and requirements.
The Privacy Compliance Analyst will perform internal audits to ensure regulatory compliance in an assigned area such as documentation, coding, insurance and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). The Privacy Compliance Analyst will educate physicians and departmental staff on regulatory compliance guidelines, privacy regulations, coding and billing requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of privacy regulations
- Knowledge of compliance program/subject area statutory or regulatory provisions and administrative procedures
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with employees, patients, clients, faculty, and staff
- Analytical skills
- Ability to develop and present educational information institution wide
- Knowledge of coding principles and guidelines, medical terminology, and insurance plans
Applicants with no current certification must be willing to take and pass an approved exam within six months of meeting certification/registration qualifications.
A certification from American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA), International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and or (ISC) is preferred. RHIA or RHIT are preferred.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in health information management or a related field plus three years of related experience in a healthcare setting. Privacy experience is preferred.