The University of Mississippi Medical Center
The University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) in Jackson, Mississippi is seeking candidates for a Compliance Analyst II to support its missions of academics, healthcare, and research. Please see below for the position description and requirements.
The Compliance Analyst II will perform internal audits to ensure regulatory compliance in an assigned area such as documentation, coding, insurance and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). The Privacy Compliance Analyst will educate physicians and departmental staff on regulatory compliance guidelines, privacy regulations, coding and billing requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of compliance program/subject area statutory or regulatory provisions and administrative procedures
- Knowledge of coding principles and guidelines, medical terminology, and insurance plans
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with employees, patients, clients, faculty, and staff
- Analytical skills
- Ability to develop and present educational information institution wide
Prefer certification from American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), and/or Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA).
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Health Information Management, or related field plus three (3) years of ICD-9, CPT coding, and /or billing experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.